Open day questions: computer science students
Interested in studying computer science at university? Print out our list of questions when you're on an open day to help you get all the information you need about the course.
About the course
- Are my teachers also practitioners?
- How much of this course is based on theory?
- How much of the course is practical application?
Facilities and equipment
- What books/equipment is necessary for me to buy?
- How much time will I need to spend in the library/labs each week?
Placements and work experience
- Are there any industrial placements?
- Do I have to organise my own or will I have help?
- Is there a chance for me to study abroad?
- What is the split between exam/ coursework/ group works/ presentations?
- Do I need to complete a dissertation/ research based project?
- What is the weighting for each part/year of the course?
Computer science graduate prospects
- How would you increase your experiences of software and technology through university? Can you do an intercalated year of computer science?
- Does the uni have contacts in industry?
- Will companies take on interns from this course?