Open day questions: business students
Aspiring accountants, marketers, management consultants, and human resource managers. Here are some open day questions you could ask to find out more about what studying business is all about.
About the course
- Do I need a business A-level to do this course?
- Do my lecturers still work in business?
- Do I need to be good at maths or statistics?
- Can I take modules in other courses?
- Can I specialise in a particular area of business?
Equipment, books and facilities
- Where can I find a reading list for this course?
- Are there any books I should buy in advance?
- How much time will I need to spend in the library each week?
Placements and work experience
- Are there any industrial placements / sandwich years on this course?
- When will my placements happen (if I have them)? How long will they last?
- Do I pay for my placement? If I do a year’s placement, does that affect my course fees?
- How much group work is involved and how much is independent study?
- Do I need to complete a dissertation or research-based project?
- How will I be assessed on a placement? Does it count toward my degree?
- How can this course help me find a job?
- Does this uni have links with graduate employers and the business world?
- What can I do to maximise my chances of getting a job? Part-time work, internships, sports/societies, enterprise competitions?