10 ways you can use Which? University
New to Which? University? This how-to guide could come in useful. Here are just some of the ways you can use Which? University with your students and in the classroom...
1. Direct students to a one-step search30,000 undergraduate courses from Ucas to explore and compare, profiles of nearly 300 universities and colleges offering undergraduate courses and practical advice written by careers experts and admissions tutors.
We've also got close to 80 degree subject guides designed to offer students an overview of what it's like to study that subject at university, from course content to typical entry requirements and career prospects.
Match your students to courses with the entry requirements range they’re expected to meet using our handy predicted grades tool.
2. Filter by predicted grades
We exclusively reveal the percentage of last year’s applicants receiving offers – a good barometer of how popular and competitive subjects are. Explore the applicants receiving offers stat near the top of each course page.
3. Manage expectations...
4. …And broaden horizonsGet your students thinking about all aspects of university life, from extra-curricular activities to what type of place it is, using our filters to personalise their university search by what’s important to them.
5. A source you can trustWe bring together official facts and stats – including NSS, DLHE, HESA, KIS and league table data – and combine it with the unbiased, expert analysis you’d expect from Which? to explain what it all means. Find out more about where we get our info.
6. Insights from the official student voiceWe're working with the National Union of Students (NUS) to bring students exclusive views from student unions of universities and colleges across the UK. Check out our guest post from the NUS on what the students' union can offer.
Thanks to our survey of over 10,000 students, our uni profiles feature real-life student views and student ratings on characteristics such as creative scene and nightlife. Take a look at some of the latest student views – on everything from facilities to accommodation – on university pages.
7. Student views you won't read in a prospectus
8. Videos on the realities of student lifeWe send our video reporter into university campuses to capture on camera what students really think about issues such as student accommodation and money management. Take a sneak peek at some our latest videos – a great way to get students excited about their next steps.
9. From GCSEs right through to Clearing...We’ve got practical advice written by careers experts, universities and current university students to help you support your students through their choices leading up to university. Head to our expert advice section for a browse.
10. ...And get them thinking about life after universityGraduate employment prospects are always a hot topic, so we feature exclusive job market and outcomes commentaries, written by careers experts HECSU (the people behind the Prospects.ac.uk website), for every degree subject area and based on official stats. You'll find them towards the bottom of each university course page.
One more? Oh go on...
See where A-levels can lead your students
Your students can enter their A-levels into our A-level Explorer to see what previous students taking the same subjects went on to study at university. Results are separated into different categories from best matches to unexpected matches your students might be surprised to find are possible. Here, you can learn all about a degree subject including possible modules, courses and graduate possibilities.
It's a brilliant way to generate possible subject ideas if you're unsure what to study. Plus, GCSE students can use it when choosing their A-levels to mix-and-match and find the best choices for what you want to do later.