Ucas deadlines and key application dates
There are a number of dates and deadlines you’ll need to put into your diary throughout the university application process. Check out our calendar for all the key dates…
Key dates: Ucas and student finance
For 2017 entry
- 6th September 2016: Ucas applications open.
- 15th October: Oxbridge, medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine/science deadline.
- 15th January 2017: General Ucas application deadline (Prepare for the Ucas deadline with our advice hub)
- 25th February: Ucas Extra begins.
- 24th March: Art and design course application deadline (note: some may have a January deadline).
- End of March: Decisions usually back from universities for January applications.
- 4th May: Must reply to any offers or you'll be declined (if you received decisions by 31st March).
- 5th May: Final decisions back from universities (otherwise automatically declined).
- 8th June: Must reply to any offers or you'll be declined (if you received decisions by 5th May).
- 22nd June: Must reply to any offers or you’ll be declined (if you received decisions by 8th June).
- 30th June: Applications received after this date are entered into Clearing.
- 4th July: Application deadline for Ucas Extra.
- 5th July: International Baccalaureate results published.
- 5th July: Clearing begins.
- Mid-July: BTEC results published.
- 13th July: Final decisions back from universities (if you applied after 5th June but before 30th June).
- 20th July: Must reply to any offers (including Extra offers) or they’ll be declined.
- 8th August: Highers results published; Clearing vacancies published (Scotland).
- 17th August: A-level results published; Clearing vacancies published (England, Wales, Northern Ireland).
- 31st August: Adjustment closes.
- 20th September: Last date for applications for 2017 entry.
- 23rd October: The deadline for adding Clearing choices and for unis or college to accept Clearing applicants.
- Find the course that's right for you - try our personalised course search