We use cookies to allow us and selected partners to improve your experience and our advertising. By continuing to browse you consent to our use of cookies. You can understand more and change your cookies preferences here.

Is it true I need a GCSE in modern languages to study at UCL?

Unusually, University College London ask that all UK students meet certain modern language requirements. So what if you don't have this? Here’s the alternative

A GCSE in French, Spanish, German or other modern language (grade C or above) will do the job – but if you don’t have one of these, UCL says you shouldn’t be put off from applying.

Instead, you’ll be asked to take half a course unit in a language as part of your degree, or you’ll need to study for ‘a specially designed certificate’ while you’re there.


Search Which? University

Find further advice or search for information on a course or university