Clearing 2018: tips from admissions tutors [video]
Facing Clearing? We've asked university admissions tutors for their quick tips on getting your Clearing place. Take a look at the video for some top advice...
More Clearing dos and don'ts
- your research before you pick up the phone – research the uni, course content, teaching and assessment style for starters (our course and university pages can help you do this quickly).
- have clear reasons for your choice – why do you want to study that course? Why that particular uni?
- look over your personal statement and be ready to talk about it.
- get your parents to phone the uni for you. While they could help you with a practice interview, it has to be you who makes the call.
- forget to get names, emails and direct phone numbers in case you have to follow up.
- just settle for the first offer you receive – make sure you really are happy with your course and uni choice. Read our guide to making a Clearing decision.