What A-levels do you need to become a dentist?
Are you planning to study dentistry at university? Make sure your A-level line-up keeps your options open and flexible when it comes to applying to dentistry courses. Get more tips here...
Essential A-levels (or equivalent)
- Chemistry, biology and either maths or physics (or both) will keep all dentistry courses open to you.
- If you don’t take maths or physics but do take chemistry and biology, most courses will accept you.
- If you only take one from chemistry or biology, fewer dentistry courses will accept you.
Useful A-levels (or equivalent)
Similar subject areas…
- Oral health sciences.
- Dental technology.
- Suggestions for questions dental students can ask on their open day
- Take a closer look at the dentistry courses available around the country