Perfecting your personal statement: your final checklist
You've done draft after draft and your personal statement is finally ready to be sent off, but... hold on just a moment! Here are some last-minute tips from current students…
Plus, test it against more of our personal statement must-reads – how to sell yourself, what you definitely shouldn't include in your personal statement and top writing tips from our careers expert.
1. Make sure lots of people have read it first
2. Have a break before you edit it
3. Spelling and grammar - get it right!
4. Ask yourself – is it the best it can be?
5. Make sure your personality still shows
6. Make sure YOU are happy with it
Once you've submitted your UCAS application, the waiting game begins while admissions tutors assess your application and decide whether or not to make you an offer. You should hear back from the universities you've applied to by 31 March, but it depends on a number of factors.
Make sure you take a look at our advice on university interviews and entry tests, as these might also form part of the selection process.